Background

Friday, April 23, 2010

Ballard Inspired Damask Corkboard

While browsing some fun blogs I came across this wonderful tutorial on how to make a great damask corkboard... A wonderful way to make any office a little more chic!


While browsing Ballard Designs I fell in love!

Isn’t it lovely?
After my awe wore off, I realized how simply (yet monotonously long) this would be to make!

I had a corkboard in the garage… small than Ballard’s… but free.


I found a damask print online and printed it off (I picked a more modern damask because it seemed like it would be easier to trace). Then I tried different methods of tracing a line on the corkboard. Ballpoint pens didn’t work (like on canvas) and pencils just pushed through. My plan was to use a Sharpie pen to make the lines, so I decided to try tracing with the Sharpie. I discovered that if I traced slowly the pen would bleed through just enough to give me a line I could see and draw over.
During my Sunday afternoon I worked 10 minutes and then took a break. I’d say it took me about an hour total of work.

But totally worth it...
I used my free Glidden black paint to paint the frame…
Not sure where this beauty will go… laundry room, computer hutch door, master bedroom desk area?

 
That’s one of my paint strip choices I’m considering for our master. This corkboard might make a cute planning board for the master makeover?

No comments:

Post a Comment