Background

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Shredded Chicken


The ABSOLUTE BEST Crock-Pot Shredded Chicken recipe! 

I found this recipe somewhere on the internet years ago and it has proven to be amazing!!! I use the shredded chicken in burritos, tostadas, on top of rice, the meals are endless!

Ingredients:

2 lbs chicken breasts (I cook more to use for leftovers!)
*Note: I put these in my crockpot completely frozen, no need to defrost!

1 (16 ounce) jar medium hot salsa (enough salsa to cover the chicken)

2 Serrano peppers, chopped

6 garlic cloves, pressed

1 packet McCormick taco seasoning

* You can also add 1 can of diced green chillies for a little more flavor!
(Or even onions, feel free to play around with different spices/veggies)

Directions:

Combine all ingredients in crock pot and cook for 6-7 hours (on "high").

To shred chicken, remove from crock pot and use 2 forks to pull apart (Note: I like to shred the chicken and then put it back into the crock pot for another hour or so to soak up all the juices).

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. I've got some chicken cacciatore cooking right now, but this looks good. I'll have to try it in enchiladas next time we whip this out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You better believe it Ted! It's so yummy and SO easy to make!

    ReplyDelete