Background

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Chair Makeover!


Back in college my Aunt bought me a white slipper chair from Ikea and, at the time, it was the most "grown up" piece of furniture I had in my apartment.

Now as I've gotten a little older, I've moved in with a boyfriend, adopted two dogs, moved out from the boyfriend, and bought my own house... all while carting this white slipper chair around!


Needlesstosay, the white little chair I once had was now a dingy color (even after bleaching and washing the slip cover) and covered in dog hair. This chair was in desperate need of a makeover, so that's exactly what I set out to do!

I decided that I wanted to make this a statement chair and put a bold graphic pattern on it (my favorite graphic pattern is definitely the greek key). I started off by making a paper template and then hand painting the pattern on....


I then thought that it might be nice to replicate the pattern on the seat, so I measured it out and made the pattern with masking tape...


I also decided to copy the same pattern on the back of the chair, but then realized I wasn't fond of having the large pattern repeated twice (overkill).

I also painted the bottom wood and legs silver... below is the finished project! A little paint goes a looonngggg way!


1 comment:

  1. Shut the front door. I am always in awe when ppl paint fabric and it looks nice. This is amazing.

    ReplyDelete